REPORTS TO: Programme Manager
LOCATION: Head Office, Liverpool - IT Department
SALARY: dependent on experience
The Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering and communicating On Line requirements both to the development team and back to stakeholders. We have introduced agile delivery methods to deal with the complex and ever-changing environment. Our business analysts are a driving force behind the On Line development and they might also be required to travel often to meet stakeholders and customers.
The successful candidate will investigate, understand and translate user needs and problems, and with input and consensus from both the user, product manager and the development team, create clearly written requirements documents and user stories.
We aim to always work with cutting edge web technology, be innovative and position ourselves ahead of the industry competition. As a business analyst, you will follow web trends closely and promote new ideas to the business and your team.
- Work closely with the On Line Business stakeholders to analyse and understand client, user and business needs.
- Analyse, understand and translate regulatory requirements.
- Meet directly and interact with stakeholders to extract a comprehensive list of user needs and analyse what sorts of solutions will provide them with what they need.
- Collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and user stories.
- Analyse and document business processes.
- Identify fictitious or wasteful business process and recommend sustainable alternatives.
- To provide the link between the user, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Day to day analysis and management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Handling day-to-day development queries and verbally communicating business rules and requirements in an agile environment.
- Production of information and reports as required by the business/product owners, including showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Ability to perform and assist in user acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain documentation that serves as a knowledge base for the development of the product.
- Manage the collation of business and functional requirements from a multi-site business, travelling worldwide to our client's operational sites when required.
Requirements (knowledge, attributes, skills and experience)
- 5+ years of On Line business analysis experience working in a Product Development environment.
- Experience in online gaming and gambling software.
- Exceptional communication (oral/ written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects applying Agile methodologies.
- Experienced in the full software development lifecycle from inception to support.
- Applied expertise in a variety of software development methodologies, especially Agile development. Experience of Agile with Scrum and User Story writing is required.
- Self-motivated with a passion for the product.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- Demonstrable experience writing user stories and functional specification documents.
- An inquisitive nature, not easily overwhelmed, comfortable communicating in open forums with peers and senior staff alike, resourceful and with excellent negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, firm but friendly character, able to obtain respect from colleagues and with a likeable manner to get the most out of people.
- Strategic, operational and technical marketing and management skills.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient with tools such as MS Project and issue tracking systems.
- Proven experience with MS Office tools.
To submit your application, or if you would like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org